The Pilgrim Center Board of Directors is seeking a new executive director to lead the organization. The position will remain posted until filled. Please direct all applications and questions to Kathryn Golden at email@example.com.
TITLE: Executive Director
OBJECTIVE: To implement Pilgrim Center’s mission of providing an open space in midtown Kansas City where neighbors come together and build a stronger community.
SHORT-TERM FOCUS: Identify and build Board of Directors; Map and execute funding plan for the long-term sustainability.
FUNDRAISING / BOARD LEADERSHIP
- Create and execute funding roadmap.
- Work with the Pilgrim Center Board to develop an annual budget and financial goals, managing to that budget.
- Oversee program and promotional activities related to Pilgrim Center, including but not limited to: Spring Frolic & Egg Hunt, the Children’s Film Festival, and the Pilgrim Run 5K.
- Monitor and prepare all grant opportunities and reporting.
COMMUNITY OUTREACH / MARKETING
- Grow and manage Pilgrim Center’s mailing lists, email lists, and social media presence.
- Expand volunteer pool and participation.
- Represent Pilgrim Center to the community.
- Oversee all facility and operational needs of Pilgrim Center properties and grounds including the Pilgrim Labyrinth & Butterfly Garden (in Hyde Park). To the greatest extent possible, keep Pilgrim Chapel open daily to the public.
- Develop and execute plan for chapel and parsonage to maximize their usage and economic benefit (e.g. weddings, funerals, baptisms, concerts, and long-term tenants). Supervise staff or contractors involved in event engagement.
- Maintain open communication with the Board regarding organization’s well-being.
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience in fundraising and program development. Hyde Park or Midtown residency and engagement/relationships are desirable.
SUPERVISOR: Board of Directors
HOURS: 30-35 hours per week.
EVALUATION: The Board shall review the Director’s performance at regularly-scheduled intervals.